Raise a Glass to National Rum Day...
It’s been ages since we last featured a Cocktail of the Week, but given its summer and something ‘long and refreshing’ is in order and the good news that El Dorado 5YO rum is now more easily available (as it’s just been listed by Sainsbury’s Supermarket), how about a super easy to make, super tasty El Dorado Demerara Swizzle?
It’s dead easy – everything you need can be picked up in Sainsbury’s when you pop-in and you don’t need any special equipment.
El Dorado Demerara Swizzle
- 50ml El Dorado 5 YO Rum
- 20ml Freshly squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Monin Sugar Syrup (it’s easy to make your own by the way)
- 25ml Pineapple Juice (for preference use the ‘not from concentrate’ type)
- A dash of Angostura bitters (optional – but suggested)
- Soda water
- Pour ingredients into a highball glass filled with crushed ice, stir to mix and top up with soda water
- Garnish with a lime wedge and a mint sprig
Don’t forget to take a photo of you enjoying yours and tag us in on Social Media! Add the hashtag #TFRSCOTW as well.
Rum Databank: El Dorado 5 Year Old Rum
Country of Origin: Guyana
Age: 5 Year Old
Cost: RRP £26
Available From: In store at Sainsbury’s, specialist spirits retailers (such as Gerry’s Wines & Spirits), online at Master of Malt, Whisky Exchange etc.